Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant – Ranked Canada’s 4th Best Gran Fondo
With its fifth edition coming up, the Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant has just been named the Fourth Best Gran Fondo in Canada by Gran Fondo Guide
April 11, 2017, Canada – As 2,000 cyclists stand poised at the starting line, the Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant now ranks among North America’s most popular rides for cyclists of all calibres who share a passion for cycling and enjoy the festive atmosphere of this weekend-long event.
The Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant has also been described as:
• The best interprovincial cycling event for all at the 2015 Mérite cycliste québécois gala, held by the Fédération québécoise des sports cyclistes (FQSC)
• One of the 10 most beautiful cyclosporting events in the world – Le Cycle Magazine, France
• One of the 10 best Gran Fondos in Canada – Canadian Cycling Magazine
Mark May 27 on your calendar!
Now With More Choices Of Speeds, Smaller Groups, Focus On Fluidity
With the aim of further improving the experience for participants, the organizers have added more pelotons and a wider choice of speeds for the most popular distances. “Our goal is to improve fluidity” explained Simon St-Arnaud, producer of the event. “And by beefing up the training for the cycling escorts and motorcycle escorts, we’ve also gone the extra mile to maximize the experience for riders.”
Riders are divided into 11 pelotons according to average speed and have the choice of four distances:
• 160 km Super Fondo, for expert riders
• 125 km Gran Fondo, for experienced cyclists
• 80 km Medio Fondo, for intermediate to advanced cyclists
• 45 km Molo Fondo, for beginners and recreational riders
The 160 km is definitely an endurance challenge, while the first peloton in the 125 km ride is adapted to faster, more experienced cyclists. “The objective is to promote cycling and the pleasure of riding with a group in a safe, non-competitive environment,” added Simon St-Arnaud. “With this formula, we have something to offer cyclists of every level.”
The Secret Of Success
Several ingredients combine to make the event such a big hit. It starts with a finely-tuned organization, to which is added the scenic beauty of the region and the charm of Mont-Tremblant village. As a venue, Tremblant is exceptionally well-suited to an event of this kind, boasting many restaurants, activities and hotels. “Lastly, we add a good dash of participant energy, which is always at its peak for this first ride of the season. It all comes together as a great way to start the season!” added Simon.
At the same time, the organizers have expanded the programming. The scores of participants arrive to find a celebratory atmosphere and a vast array of diversions throughout the weekend, including an exhibition village featuring many industry kiosks, a cocktail reception, an official dinner, music and activities. And let’s not forget the Sunday morning Coffee Ride for those who are eager to cover as many kilometres as they can over the weekend.
On Friday night is the ever-popular Devinci Sunset Ride, exclusive to and free for Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant participants. This event has two components:
• Participants who are doing their first Gran Fondo appreciate the introductory clinic, in which Sébastien Delorme gives advice for getting the most out of the Gran Fondo experience and explains the basics of riding in a peloton.
• Cyclists with more experience enjoy the ride as a sort of reconnaissance mission, led by Francois Parisien and Maxime and Charly Vivès, to get to know the surrounding region.
Lodging Deals For Participants
Tourisme Mont-Tremblant and various hotels in the area are proud to accommodate participants at special rates. Book your stay on the site now by visiting Destination Mont-Tremblant at http://mont-tremblant.ca/evenements/gran-fondo-mont-tremblant/
About The Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant
The Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant presented by Desjardins is a cyclosporting event for amateur and seasoned cyclists alike. Positioning itself more as a personal, rather than a competitive challenge, it is known for its stringent safety structure and quality organization. It is ideal for cyclists who love a scenic ride and enjoy testing themselves on panoramic, twisting roads through some of the area’s most arresting landscapes.
This year, organizers expect a maximum of 2,000 participants.
To register: https://www.granfondotremblant.ca